Conditions of participation
Eligible participants at the Allgemeiner Hochschulsport der FAU are members of state universities in Erlangen and Nuremberg, and non-governmental universities and employees of authorities or institutions that are directly involved in higher education pursuant to Article 17 (1) BayHG.
2. Participant Identity
For participation in all university sporting events and courses, proof of identity and a valid voucher is required.
By registering to purchase a voucher for a course, the participant agrees to the conditions of registration and participation, and with “important notes” pertaining to the relevant sports facilities.
By registering, the participant agrees to purchase a voucher or pay the cost of the course by direct debit.
If the direct debit is unpaid for reasons that are the responsibility of the participant (e.g. insufficient funds available, providing incorrect bank details, etc.), the participant is required to appear in person during normal business hours within a certain period. In addition, a processing fee will be charged.
5. Data Protection
The personal data collected in the course of the application will be used solely for the purpose of course administration, monitoring, and for statistical purposes. Data will not be disclosed to third parties, and will be deleted one year after expiry of the registration period. Account information will be forwarded for processing to the bank, and then deleted immediately.
6. Minimum Number of Participants
Courses can only be run when the minimum number of participants specified by Allgemeiner Hochschulsport der FAU is reached. Allgemeiner Hochschulsport der FAU reserves the right to cancel courses with reasonable notice before they begin. The course fee will be refunded at 100%.
7. Withdrawal Courses
Withdrawal requests must be submitted within the first two weeks of each courseperiod (Exception sailing). The final date for withdrawal is published on the website. Within this period the course fee will not be charged. Later withdrawal requests are possible, but a processing fee of € 10.00 will be charged. Withdrawl later than 4 weeks after the begin of the course period are not accepted. Withdrawal can be done via Link in the confirmation mail or in writing by post or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. Cancellation Insurance
Where course charges are high, participants are advised to take out cancellation insurance.
The State of Bavaria, the Allgemeiner Hochschulsport der FAU, and its officers are liable for all claims (contractual and non-contractual claims, including duty to ensure public safety) only insofar as they have caused damage intentionally or through gross negligence. Any further liability is excluded.
There is no statutory insurance cover if a third party injury or property damage is incurred during sports practice. It is recommended that participants take out personal liability insurance.
Proven use of false identity will result in exclusion from the course, and in certain cases from the entire Allgemeiner Hochschulsport der FAU.
For online classes via Zoom, please note the following data protection and technical information:
- For online classes, participants are responsible for creating a safe environment to exercise. Online courses are not covered by the statutory accident insurance. Participation is at the participant’s own risk.
- Participation is on a voluntary basis.
- Before participating, you should inform yourself about the data protection risks involved in using Zoom (https://www.rrze.fau.de/medien-entwicklung/digitales-arbeiten/zoom/https://www.rrze.fau.de/medien-entwicklung/digitales-arbeiten/zoom/).
- For data protection reasons, only the Zoom version provided by the computer centre (RRZE) can be used. Login is via the FAU SSO without passing on the password to Zoom.
- Information on existing data protection risks can be found in the section on data protection and accessibility as well as in the FAQs.
- To protect your privacy (especially in private rooms), you can use the existing Zoom functions such as „deactivate camera“ or „virtual background“. You can control the camera and microphone when entering the meeting and during the meeting via the control panel. Pseudomysing is also possible.
- Information on using and installing Zoom can be found on the RRZE website.
To ensure that everything runs smoothly, check the technical requirements in good time. Take a look at the RRZE’s recommendations on video conferencing beforehand.